Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In Time...Future Me and Future You Can Have Superpowers...

I love science and technology for two reasons:
1) The internet
2) Superhuman abilities

Let's begin with A Story of The Future:

So, Future Me spots Future You walking down Granville Street with a six pack of beer and an
armoured body suit on that curiously resembles the classic Iron Man's Armour. I think it's the new HAL but I'm not sure so I walk quickly towards you to ask... but before I can ask you anything, you point at my shoulder and ask me why in the world would I ever need to be invisible. I look at the retro-reflectum suit thrown over my shoulder and tell you I got it on Ebay for dirt cheap. Then, I (rather callously) joke about how I'm going use my new suit for voyeuristic pleasures involving your daughter. You get angry, and impulsively react by using your newly upgraded BrainGate Neural Interface System (also from Ebay) to perform telekinesis and smash three bottles of your beer on my head in a matter of two to three seconds. Luckily, as you know, I acquired an extracellular matrix implant, and all the wounds you just opened are healed within five seconds. You're still pissed at my remark so I run for it knowing you're insane when you're angry. You start charging at me with your armoured body suit ...*CLUNK* *CLUNK* *CLUNK*, and any minute now I know you'll be firing your suit's recently upgraded (as shown all over TV) mini-missiles. As of now, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed...unless...unless...I use the implanted nanoglue and climb up that wall like spiderman would...way back in the day. I leap for the big building in front of me and start climbing. Shit. Your super-suit has rocket boosters... but, I still have just one more trick. Right when you're about to bust a missile in my ass, I throw on my retro-reflectum cloak. And just like that...*poof* I'm gone.

Now folks, this isn't far-reaching at all. Sounds a bit like Keyser Soze at the end...but anyway... Read THIS and you'll see that science really is giving normal humans the ability to be SUPERHUMAN...

Iron Man-like body armour
Telekinesis
Regeneration
Invisibility
Spiderman-esque wall-climbing ability
...all of this technology is being worked on right this minute, and it could very well be the status quo in the near future.


ALSO... check out these super-human individuals that are defying what is "normal" with their ability to see with their ears or boil things with their bare hands.

Thank you cracked.com again for creating another awesome article...that's two posts in a row now.

No comments: