Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kanye West has a Blog? Yes, and he goes NUTS on it


I didn't know Kanye West had a blog. I assumed his writing wouldn't be so great since...yaknow...sometimes his lyrics sucks. But still, I respect the man because he's a good entertainer with some good beats and a smart businessman. Anyways, at first I didn't think the blog was really written by him and it was only used for marketing purposes...but after reading this very angry and passionate post...I was convinced it was him. He types in full caps for a good 200 words about his Bonnaroo concert and the reason why he showed up late...stage crew difficulties he says...and he's pissed about how people are hating on him for not giving his all in a performance. Here's a segment from the angry post:
"NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ?????????"
Look at all those question marks! So angry, so confused...he's flying guys...cmon...don't shoot him down...

Anyways back to the story...There seems to be some controversy because (this is where it gets interesting) this guy claims that Kanye was smoking weed with him before the performance and was late heading out onto stage because of it. What to believe!?

Well, what I think is that both are telling the truth but I don't think that the weed is the full reason to why Kanye was late. It was probably mostly the staging problems but the weed didn't help. Either way, it really doesn't matter that much. I just thought it was cool that Kanye West had a blog.

Check out the full angry Kanye West post HERE.

No comments: